WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ZAMBIA - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ZAMBIA > Topics

Subject: your views on flags flying half mass!
Replies: 0 Views: 583

micron 13.02.13 - 01:26pm
This thing of declaring national mourning and cancelling all activities of an entertainment nature is such a thing of the past and if i must be frank so uncivilised. The same thing that is classified as entertainment is work to other people. Imagine an artist or promoter putting a lot of money in all the TV and radio adverts, banners, etc and someone dies and the artist loses out due to the so-called national mourning. I dont see banks, ministries, all otherbusinesses close due to national mourning. For heaven's sake, i dont even see flags flying half way, move around the town and u will see mostplaces have flags flying as high as usual. May our govt and leaders move with the 21st world/century and remove some of these archaic behaviours. By the way, as Africans we always mourn our dead with a lot of dance and songs in many areas so why these double standards. And while we are at it, while are we still watching the AFCON if all entertainment has been cancelled? Does this annoying thing happen in other countries apart from Zambia? All my friends that dont live in Zambia please let me know what happens on other countries when a politician does, im just so fade up with people taking other people's work for granted. Professional music and other art forms are only entertainment to the audience, to the artist thats work. And they get music from the artists to play the whole time they have the so-called national mourning and yet they are disadvantaging them and removing money from their pockets as they mourn. By the way whos mourning? Maybe only the artists and promoters are mourning for the loss of income and investment. The whole country can never mourn one person at a time, especially if most people dont even know that person..... Something really needs to be done about this. We can have national mourning but no one's work should ever be affected in the process AT ALL COSTS..... *

* ZAMBIA Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ZAMBIA

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search